STCW Basic Training for Oil and Chemical Tanker Cargo Operation
This course provide training for officers and ratings who want to on board the tanker ship
Provided they hold an appropriate certificate and are otherwise qualified in accordance with regulation section A-VI/1 of the International Convention on Standards of Training, Certification and Watch keeping for Seafarers 1978, as amended, those successfully completing the course may be eligible to serve on board Oil and Chemical tankers.
- Basic knowledge of tankers
- Physical and chemical properties of oil and chemicals
- Knowledge and understanding of tanker safety culture and safety management
- Fire Safety and Firefighting operations
- Cargo operations
- Emergencies For Oil and Chemical Tankers
- Pollution Prevention for Oil and Chemical Tankers
- Case Studies on oil and NLS ship Emergencies
Certificate of Completion
Upon successful completion of the training, a certificate will be issued in accordance with the regulations VI/6,Section A-VI/6,Table A-VI/6-1 STCW approved by the Marine Department of Malaysia with no validity date.
Pre Course Requirement
All participants must possess a valid seafarer medical certificate issued by an approved medical practitioner, seaman card document and STCW Basic Training certificate issued by the Marine Department of Malaysia.