STCW Basic Training
This course is aimed at any personnel who will be engaged in any capacity on board with designated safety or pollution prevention duties in the operation of a ship or a cruise.
During the course, participants will gain and demonstrate a level of competence according to the requirements in Personal Survival Techniques, Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting, Elementary First Aid and Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities.
- Survival at sea in the event of ship abandonment.
- Fight and extinguish fires.
- Minimise the risk of fire and maintain a state of readiness to respond to emergency situations involving fire.
- Take immediate action upon encountering an accident or other medical emergency.
- Comply with emergency procedures.
- Observe safe working practices.
- Take precautions to prevent pollution of the marine environment.
- Understand and take necessary actions to control fatigue.
- Contribute to effective communications on board ship.
- Contribute effective human relationships on board ship.
Certificate of Completion
Upon successful completion and assessment a certificate of proficiency will be issued in accordance with the regulations VI/1, Section A-VI/1 – 2 by the Marine Department of Malaysia with a validity of 5 years.
Pre Course Requirement
All participants must possess a valid seafarer medical certificate issued by an approved medical practitioner and seaman card document issued by the Marine Department of Malaysia.