STCW Crowd Management
This course is aimed at any personnel who are engaged in any capacity on board that are responsible for passenger safety during emergencies.
The course will provide participants with the basic knowledge and skills on the principles of management and organisation of large accumulations of personnel in an emergency situation on board.
- Accident potential
- Muster and safety plan
- Management of crowds
- Dealing with people who need special assistance
- Effective communication and crisis communication
- Stress and stress management
- Factors that influence human behaviour
- The use of internal and external resources
- Effective management of emergency situations
Certificate of Completion
Upon completion of the training, there will be an multiple-choice exam. A certificate will be issued in accordance with the STCW- 95 A-V/2 standard by the Marine Department of Malaysia.
Pre Course Requirement
All participants must possess a valid seafarer medical certificate issued by an approved medical practitioner and seaman card document issued by the Marine Department of Malaysia.